Skip to Main Content
  • Experience a world beyond your expectations. Choose from our award-winning vacations on virtually every continent with local favorites and off-the-beaten-path experiences only Globus can share.

  • We know why you travel. You’d rather have an extra day exploring than a fancy chocolate on your pillow at night. Enjoy hand-selected inclusions and world-class experiences for value-minded travel lovers like you.

  • Raise your sights and set your sails for the rivers of Europe, South America, and Asia on an Avalon Waterways cruise. Elevate your cruise experience with fewer passengers, more choices, and endless possibilities.

Travelling after Brexit


As of 1 January 2021,  the new Brexit rules on travel for the UK and EU apply. If you have any Brexit-related concerns about an existing or future booking with us, you can speak to one of our friendly advisers or your travel agent, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Book with confidence
We understand that these are uncertain times for travelling however rest assured that you can book your holiday with us confidently as we are members of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and our flight-inclusive holidays are ATOL protected. Your holiday also remains to be protected by the Package Travel Regulations. The ABTA and GOV.UK websites are regularly updating, and we have provided some useful links below for further guidance.

Will flights still operate to and from the EU after Brexit?

Yes. Tourist travel between the UK and the EU member states is highly valued and flights will continue to operate to and from the EU from 1st January 2021.

Will I need a new passport after Brexit?
If you have a British Passport, you will need to have at least 6 months left on your passport expiry date. Official advice from the UK Government says that adult and child passports should have at least 6 months' validity remaining from your date of travel. Please note that any extra months on an adult passport added due to early renewal will not count, so you will need to check the issue date and add on exactly 10 years from there.

Will I need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit?

The current advice for tourists is you will not need a visa for short trips to most EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland where you will be able to stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. Different rules will apply to Bulgaria, Croatia, and Romania. If you visit these countries, visits to other EU countries will not count towards the 90-day total.

Will there be arrival changes in EU Countries
You may need to show a return or onward ticket, show you have enough money for your stay and use different lanes from the EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens when queueing.

What happens if my holiday is cancelled due to Brexit?
There is no indication that holidays will need to be cancelled due to Brexit. However, if this were to occur, you would be covered under the Package Travel Regulations and would receive a full refund. All our holidays are covered by these regulations, so you can rest assured that you can book with confidence.

Do I need travel insurance?

We always advise travellers to take out comprehensive travel insurance with sufficient healthcare cover, including cover for existing medical conditions, Covid-19 disruptions and any activities you plan to do. 

Can I use my European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

If you have a European Health Insurance Card it will be valid up to its expiry date. If you apply for a card now, you'll get a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) instead of an EHIC. For more details Click Here

Please note that this information may change depending on the on-going negotiations between the UK and EU so we would advise that you regularly monitor the information.

Useful further reading

You can read the ABTA advice in full here:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice: